Pieces of Rhys - L.D. Davis I picked this book as sort of a filler, you know, when you're in between books that you are intending to read. I can say, I'm glad I actually chose to read this book. The story is nothing special really -- girl likes boy, but thinks she's could never get him to notice her especially since boy is hot and has women falling all over themselves for him -- you get my drift. I felt that the story wasn't as tight as it should be especially when it comes to the heroine's relationship with her ex-husband. But -- a big BUT -- the characters are hilarious. I was laughing out loud so many times. Seriously, I haven't laughed so hard reading a book since Mr. Perfect but there was I was. Lindsey, our heroine, is laugh out loud funny. She's snarky, sarcastic and fun. She may have endured an abusive relationship with her ex-husband but she never lost her sense of humor. Her internal dialog is one of the funniest I've read in long while. And then, there's Lindsey's grandmother. Boy, she's sassy and has some of the funniest lines in the book. I love all the supporting characters in this book. L.D. Davis sure knows how to write laugh out loud, fun characters.Aside from the whole Gary thing, my other gripe in this book is Rhys. I felt that his character could have been explored more. Even the revelation of the big secret he's supposed to be hiding was anticlimactic. But overall, he's a very sympathetic character. The ending was a little too quick for me and again, anticlimactic. I felt kinda of cheated and yeah, I would have wanted an epilogue. I'm a sucker for those. But all in all, this book is far from a disappointment. I would definitely be on a look-out for more from this author.