A Taste of You (The Epicurean, #1)

A Taste of You (The Epicurean, #1) - Sorcha Grace 3.5 starsEpicurean - Devoted to the pursuit of sensual pleasure, especially to the enjoyment of good food and comfort.Hmmm, I liked this one but it didn't blew me away. The writing was actually decent and characters were written well. However, it took me so long to connect to either William or Catherine. Don't get me wrong, they both actually have great back stories. Catherine was a widow and the way she lost her husband was just heartbreaking. William's story was equally tragic but for the life of me, I was really having a hard time connecting to them. This is one of those, 'It's not you, it's me,' kind of book. There's nothing really wrong with it, it's just that there's nothing extraordinary about it as well. Oddly enough, I would read the second book of the series because I felt that I was actually getting there, you know, finally connecting to the characters and the BAM! The dreaded cliffhanger. *Facepalm* So I will wait again for the second book to see if what I felt during those last 20% was a fluke or not. *ARC given by Premier Digital Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.